Many thanks to http://winebbler.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Liebster Award. After writing a couple of years for another blog (Brix & Stone), I decided to concentrate on this blog, my own, last month. It is a nice complement to be honored so quickly after making that change; encourages my blogging for better or worse.
The current guidelines are:
- Post eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions posted by your nominator.
- Pass the award on to eleven new recipients.
- Post a copy of the badge on your blog (by typing “Liebster Award” into Google images you will find plenty to choose from).
- Include links to the originating blog as well as your new nominees.
- Notify the new recipients of their nomination.
- No tag backs.
I find it difficult to talk about me specifically as telling you eleven facts about me is an exercise in direct attention-getting – ugh, here goes:
- I am married to the most wonderful, caring and fun guy for the last few years.
- I am the mother of two cool young adults; one girl and one boy.
- Since leaving Long Island when I was in my early teens I have been a gypsy, rarely settling for long.
- I have a diverse science background as it took me a while to decide on a direction; I graduated with a B.S. in Geology.
- While in college I didn’t drink alcohol because there was nothing I could afford worth spending my limited funds on.
- For the last two years I have been involved in the Washington Wine industry and enjoyed every minute of it.
- For the last eighteen months I have been a certified Master Gardener.
- This coming Autumn I will be a student at Walla Walla Community College’s Institute of Enology and Viticulture; a two-year, hands-on program.
- My fantastic husband and I have been making fruit wine from Washington grown fruit for three years.
- I really want to make beer, but we have a lot of wine left so we have to reduce our stores before we make some.
- I am picky about my tea as I am about my wine.
And for winebbler’s questions:
- Where did you have your first kiss? On a deserted, back road, well after midnight watching the Perseids – very romantic!
- If you were abducted by aliens how would you decorate your new space house? Might have to go shabby chic to warm and soften it as we traversed the galaxy.
- If you had to choose between courage and loyalty, which characteristic would you possess? Loyalty – seems courage would be grandfathered into loyalty but not the other way around.
- Do you like yogurt? Love it, but am relegated to non-dairy since I have allergies.
- What is the weirdest thing anyone has ever said to you? There have been many weird things said to me as I seem to be a magnet for people who have some social challenges. Several of those people are still close friends, they are, perhaps, thinking the same of me.
- What is your go-to bottle of wine? Right now, probably Basel Cellars Claret as it is a lovely, easy drinking red with dinner or after, but I am always trying something new.
- What are your thoughts on Tuesdays? Perfectly situated between Monday and Wednesday, just the right length of time.
- Would you rather take a bath or a shower? Shower’s are for cleaning, baths are for therapy there is a time for each.
- What song can you never get out of your head? As I am typically listening to music there aren’t many opportunities for something to stick long enough for me to notice.
- What would you quit your day-job to do if money were not a factor? I am doing it – going to WWCC to certify in viticulture and enology!
- Are roller coasters your idea of fun? NO!
And now my questions:
- What is your current ‘big project’?
- Where would you like to live if money and family obligations were of no consequence?
- Do you have a favorite childhood memory (before 13 years of age)?
- What non-profit do you like to support (time or money)?
- Is there a goal that directs your life?
- Would you prefer to make a meal at home or eat out?
- What is your beverage of choice to have with that meal?
- When is the best time for you to write?
- Have you ever been to an auction?
- Which fictional character would you most identify yourself with?
- Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
Ironically, the rest of the blogs I follow or look for are larger than the under 200 following, something I didn’t notice until writing this blog. Good for them!